The National Center for Personal Data Protection (NCPDP), for information purpose, communicates about the participation of National Center for Personal Data Protection management in the 52nd meeting of the Bureau of the Consultative Committee of the Convention for the protection of individuals with regard to automating processing of personal data, which was held online on 24 -26 March, 2021.
During the Meeting, several topics were discussed, among which:
· Convention 108+ State of play, ratifications and accessions;
· Evaluation and follow up mechanism under Convention 108+;
· Law enforcement transborder access to data;
· Digital identity;
· Personal data processing by and for political campaigns;
· Automatic Exchange of data;
· Cooperation with other Council of Europe bodies and entities;
· Major developments and activities in the field of data protection, etc.
At the same time, during the Meeting, a topic of major importance related to COVID-19 vaccination certificates was addressed. The representatives of the Committee on Bioethics (DH-BIO), as well as the representatives of the Secretariat, made a considerable contribution in this regard. In this context, will be submitted to delegations the draft Statement on “Covid-19 Vaccination, digital attestations and data protection”